Design of procurement organization for a manufacturer of industrial goods
A manufacturer of industrial goods engaged a consultant design the best-fit procurement organization. Delivery Partners conducted spend categorization and market analysis.
- Conducted category-level analysis of both direct and indirect spend as well as a high-level analysis of the supplier markets to facilitate adjustment of categorization
- Analyzed company’s current and emerging markets and sourcing activities and approaches
- Benchmarked leading procurement organizations structures and sizes, from both project and production industries, to develop organizational options
- A new organizational structure was recommended
- Direct and indirect spend was categorized and recommended to be managed at appropriate level with a category manager for each of the individual categories
- High-level dimensioning of the proposed direct and indirect organizations was developed