Improving transportation operations of a distribution company
A distribution company wanted to understand the potential improvement opportunities within its transportation operations along the Management, Processes, Rates, Efficiencies, and Synergies dimensions. Delivery Partners helped assess transportation operations of client’s two biggest business units.
- Benchmarked client’s processes in key transportation functional areas against the best in class companies
- Built client’s transportation spend baseline
- Estimated improvement opportunities in the following two dimensions: (1) Transportation shared services – achieving operational synergies, (2) Benchmarking client’s private fleet operations again the best in class
- Significant savings opportunity identified – achievable over 2 to 3 years
- Design of the future transportation shared services organization and identification of associated benefits
- Visibility into operational improvement opportunities that can be obtained from other business units of the client