Lean asset structuring in high tech component manufacturing
A high tech component manufacturer had aggressive growth plans over next five-year period. A consultant was asked to help with facilities rationalization in view of operational expansion plans. Delivery Partners performed modeling of facilities footprint.
- Applied lean asset structuring approach
- Helped determine strategic value and performance of processes and fixed assets
- Used modeling tool to optimize facility footprint, including determination of revised facility roles and missions (change in manufacturing strategy)
- Operational cost reduction from implementation of operational improvements
- Ten percent of facilities recommended for rationalization based on strategic value and cost modeling analysis
- Significant reduction in planned capital investment based on improved utilization of global capacity and implemented productivity improvements to current assets