Supply chain optimization for a food manufacturer
A food manufacturer with multi-divisional operations and a fragmented production structure had a high cost and split product distribution network with different product and service requirements. The company hired a consultant to optimize the supply chain. Delivery Partners assisted the consultant with supply chain analysis and benchmarking.
- Analyzed the network for opportunities to reduce the number of warehouses
- Reviewed the supply management processes to support the international network
- Assessed system support and control procedures especially for order processing, planning and forecasting
- Restructuring of the organization completed
- Significant savings over the next 3 years identified
- Service performance increased by >10% points